Terms and conditions
- La Casita does not guarantee specific schedules, teachers, or classrooms.
- For group classes, the minimum of students is 2 and the maximum is 6.
- Each online class has a duration of 50 minutes.
- If within a maximum period of 30 days, the student has not booked a class (online or in-person) or let us know if he/she/they will take a break, the classes will be considered as taken.
- The maximum time to complete a 15-hour online course is 4 months.
- For Private lessons in Merida and online one-to-one courses students; if you need to reschedule a lesson 24 hours’ notice must be given, all changes are subject to availability if a reschedule is not possible refund will not be given.
- Recording our online classes is strictly prohibited as they are considered the intellectual property of the school.
- If for any reason you are unable to show up for your group class, the class time(s) cannot be rescheduled nor refunded.
- Please note that by enrolling in a group class, you are committing to stay for the full duration of the program to avoid dissolution of the course. If for any reason you wish to cancel the course, no refund will be issued.
- If you have already started a group course and during the course of the program the dates or for some reason it no longer works for you and you wish to change to another program, any previous payment made for the previous group course will not be valid. It is possible to make a change of program, but the full fee will have to be covered.
- Food and drinks during your stay, travel costs, transport in Merida, consumption in bars and restaurants during our activities, and accommodation not arranged with the school are not included in the price.
- All bookings made online, by phone, or by e-mail are subject to written confirmation by the school.
- For online courses, payments must be completed before the beginning of the course.
- For courses in Merida, it is possible to pay the deposit of 50% via a payment link with no extra fees, while the remaining balance must always be paid on the first day of class by card or cash.
- If the student chooses to pay via Paypal, transactions have a 6% commission due to international fees while WISE charges depending on the deposit amount (usually 2%).
- Fees and bank commissions always have to be paid by the student.
- If there is a public holiday on the week you have lessons, there will be no class that day and a replacement will be offered, if the student is unable to attend it, a pro-rata refund will be given.
Deposit refundable until 6 weeks before the course start date
Within 2-6 weeks: Half of the deposit refundable
Within 2 weeks: Deposit not refundable
Please be aware that we follow an immersive method, especially if you are starting from scratch, it is possible that you may not understand 100% in the first few classes, this is normal and part of the process. Our teachers are very experienced in teaching Spanish as a foreign language and are highly skilled in teaching the language without using another language.
Classes, especially group classes, are always in Spanish, they are not taught in English or any other language, please understand that our students come for this method and it is not fair to offer them in a language other than Spanish. In private classes, it can be a little more flexible in case the immersive method is too difficult, but in group classes, these are the guidelines we follow. Please be aware of that before enrolling.
Also please understand that we welcome people from all over the world who often do not master the English language and come to learn Spanish in Mexico, it is not fair to teach Spanish grammar in another language that they do not master, this makes the process even more difficult.
Considering this, we do not offer partial or total refunds nor do we make the amount valid for another course due to method or other reasons.
If the student gets sick with COVID during the time of their course in Merida, their classes will have to be stopped and their pending hours will be possible to take online.
If the student lives in Merida, pending classes may be resumed once the student is fully recovered.
Under no circumstances except for mistakes on our part or our own fault, we will refund a deposit or course fee that is not within the allowed refund period.
Please understand that we do our best to make sure that everyone has a great experience in our classes, meaning that by paying a deposit you reserve your spot and we respect that spot and do not offer it to anyone else, but if you cancel during the non-refundable period or during the already started course, we can no longer offer this spot and it affects us and the experience. In the same way that we always do our best not to affect you, please consider this to be reciprocal.
If your accommodation is not arranged by the school, we are not responsible for any issues that may arise, please contact your hostel/hotel directly.
Last but not least!
- Please let our staff know if there is something that bothers you about your stay in Merida and we will do what is within our means to make sure your stay is a unique experience.
- La Casita was created to offer a genuine local experience welcoming people from all backgrounds regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, and other diverse backgrounds. So please respect everyone. Offensive behavior will not be tolerated and can lead to you being asked to leave the school.